Well I woke up this morning and had a hankering for some blueberry muffins! But since I already made Blueberry muffin’s for y’all then I figured I should go ahead and make a new blueberry creation!
So I scavenged around some recipes that I had for blueberry breads, scones, muffins, and cakes; this is what I done come up with!
Blueberry Bunt Cake with Lemon drizzle is a really nice way to start your Monday morning! But I’ll save you all of the pictures of the cracking the eggs, and sifting the flour and get right to explaining my over use of “country language” y’all! (But don’t worry, full recipe is on at the end!)
That’s right you can read the banner yourself… “Kenny Chesney ‘Goin Coastal Tour’ ”!!! My sister and I planned this concert WAY back in January and agreed that we would need this day to ourselves to take a break from the wedding planning, Ironman training, and her state championship playoffs!! Oh man was it worth it!
Not sure how “up” you are on your country music, buuuut that right there, that’s the man! Sure the tour headliner was Kenny, but I‘m telling ya, Billy Currington… Mmmmm. That’s my boy. Sorry Boss, I know we’re getting Married and all, but unless you start belting out songs in his deep, gruff, country voice, he’s always going to hold a special place in my heart!
Anyways, all I’m saying is that well… maybe I’ll just leave it at that!
Back to the Blueberry Bunts… the only cooking picture that I want to call out is with the blueberries themselves. One thing with fresh blueberries that I like to do is rinse them off and then toss them in a light coating of flour. This seems to help them stick to the batter when the recipe is cooking and keeps all of the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the pan while it’s sitting in the cooker!
Rinse, flour, then fold into your batter! Here is the recipe!
Blueberry Breakfast Bunt
2tsp Baking Powder
2/3cups Vegetable Oil
1/2cups White Sugar
1/2cups Brown Sugar
1/8tsp cloves (optional)
1/8 nutmeg (optional)
1 1/2cups Fresh Blueberries
***Pre-heat oven to 325***
1) On medium speed mix your oil, sugars, eggs, and vanilla around 2 minutes.
2) In separate bowl sift together your flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.
3) Once the sugar mixture looks light in color combine the flour and milk in 3 alternating parts.
4) Once all ingredients are well incorporated, fold in your blueberries (lightly floured). Be sure to fold the blueberries into the batter rather than stir them; you are trying to avoid bursting any of the berries!
5) Scoop batter into lightly greased pans (I liked the mini-bunt, but you could easily substitute that with a large bunt or muffin tins)
6) These mini bunts took ~24 minutes to cook. Obviously cook time will vary with the size of you bunt pans. Bunts are done when inserted toothpick comes out clean!