Here’s the recipe to my no frills, won’t spread all over your cookie sheet, made in no time, best oatmeal raisin cookies!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies:
3/4 Cup soft butter
3/4 Cup Packed brown sugar
1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
1 Large Egg
1 1/3 Cup Flour
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 Baking soda
2 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Raisins
1/2 Cup Walnuts (Chopped)
1/4 Cup Sunflower seeds (toasted)
3 Cups Oats
1) Beat butter until light and fluffy. Add sugars and egg and continue to beat on medium high. The mixture might seem to separate at first, but just scrape down the sides and beat until fluffy again. Add water and vanilla and beat.
2) Add flour, soda, and cinnamon to the top of butter mixture. Fork together until dry ingredients are combined. Now, combine the dry ingredients with the butter mixture on low speed of your mixer. Scrape down sides as needed.
3) Fold in raisins and nuts.
4) Spoon cookies out onto non-stick cookie sheet or onto parchment lined cookie sheet; 9-12 per sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes.
5) *** if you wait until the cookies feel firm or develop a golden brown bottom to take them out of the over you will end up with a crispy cookie. I personally prefer a chewy cookie so I tend to take them out closer to the 8 minutes.
These cookies are perfect with a morning coffee, so go ahead, give them a try!